Welcome UCSF as a new member! The University of San Francisco (UCSF) has joined Duraspace as a bronze member supporting VIVO! UCSF is one of the leading biomedical research universities in the world. UCSF contributes expertise in many ways to the VIVO project: Eric Meeks from UCSF serves on the VIVO Steering Group, and UCSF collaborators regularly present at the VIVO Conference regarding search engine optimization, and engagement of faculty in using research networking systems.
Interested in supporting VIVO? Become a member. See Becoming a Member of Duraspace.
Want to help? Here are some opportunities:
- The Data Loader Task Force is looking for developers interested in working on a new utility for simple loading of VIVO data
- The VIVO 2017 Conference Planning Task Force is looking for additional task force members to help with planning next year's conference at Weill Cornell Medical College in New York City, August 2-4, 2017. No experience? No problem – the conference is always looking for new people.
- The VIVO Camp Task Force is looking for people interested in helping plan VIVO camps. The camps will provide people new to the community with a multi-day training experience in all things VIVO.
- The Membership Task Force is always looking for people who want to help VIVO with its membership drive. Membership is critically important to VIVO. If you are interested in helping VIVO with its membership drive, please consider joining the task force.
- VIVO 1.10 Release Planning is on-going. If you would like to help with development, testing or documentation, please contact Graham Triggs.
Want to help with something else? Have an idea for creating something new? See How to Form a Task Force.
Apps and Tools call This Thursday at 1 PM, the Apps and Tools Interest Group will have its monthly call. Apps and Tools is a great place to share ideas about software you may be working on that uses VIVO data, or produces VIVO data. The VIVO APIs document how data can be accessed by apps and tools and how apps and tools can be used to provide data to VIVO. If you are interested in apps and tools for VIVO, please join the call on Thursday.
Mike Conlon VIVO Project Director Duraspace